Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reserve a copy now: Internet User's Guide to E-Commerce Policies

I've been talking about updating my 2004 E-Commerce Workshop Book for quite sometime now. However, whenever I attempt to get on to it, the content growth is just overwhelming. It made me worried that it may take longer than expected.

As a result, we are coming up with an E-Commerce for Entrepreneurs series and this is the first book that shall come out of it.

Target release date is November 2009. (Supposedly February 2009 but decided to make it coincide with the E-Commerce Summit & DigitalFilipino Web Awards 2009.)

Each chapter will have a mind map and a guide per page explaining the details of the policy.

The outline of the "Internet User's Guide to E-Commerce Policies" shall be as follows:

  • Chapter 1: Introduction
  • Chapter 2: Becoming an I.T. Policy Advocate & Lobbyist
  • The E-Commerce Law
    • Chapter 3: E-Commerce Law
    • Chapter 4: E-Commerce Law IRR
    • Chapter 5: Rules on Electronic Evidence
  • SME Policies
    • Chapter 6: Financing for Information Technology Build-Up (SME-FIT)
    • Chapter 7: Government Procurement Policy Board Resolution No. 07-2006
  • Consumer Protection
    • Chapter 8: Data Log Retention of Telecommunications Traffic (NTC)
    • Chapter 9: DTI Administrative Order #8: Prescribing Guidelines for the Protection of Personal Data in Information and Communication Systems in the Private Sector
    • Chapter 10: Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Circular No. 542: Consumer Protection for Electronic Banking
    • Chapter 11: Consumer Protection Guidelines (NTC)
    • Chapter 12: Advertising Standards Code
    • Chapter 13: Internet and Mobile Advertising Code of Ethics
  • E-Government
    • Chapter 14: DTI-DOF Joint Administrative Order #2: Guidelines Implementing R.A. 8792 on Electronic Payment and Collection System (EPCS) in Government
  • Chapter 15: Copyright
  • Chapter 16: Cybercrime
  • Chapter 17: E-Commerce Policy Implementation Challenges
  • Chapter 18: Moving Forward
All DigitalFilipino.com Club members are entitled to a free copy of the book. SME members will get 2 copies while Corporate members shall get 3 copies. Individual members will get 1 copy.

More info:
The following are entitled to get a free copy upon release of the book

18 comments:

  1. Hello Tita Janet, I already blog about this project on my blog http://cyberlegislation.blogspot.com/2008/11/get-free-copy-e-commerce-policies-book.html

    and very much interested of getting a copy of the said book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an interesting book, how much po ito ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janette,

    I'm really interested in getting a copy of the book. Here's my blog entry - http://fromtheheartandmind.blogspot.com/2008/12/ecommerce-and-entrepreneur.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @carlvalenzona - target market price is US$10.

    @Geb - thanks I just added you now in the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms Janette, already posted about this here: E-Commerce For Entrepreneurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi janette, very interesting. i will blog about your book and will post the link here. better still i can post the book photo and link to your site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi janette, i've posted it here: http://sweetcarnation.blogspot.com/2008/12/internet-users-guide-to-e-commerce.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think your book is nice. it will help me enhance my knowledge in putting up my own business. how can i avail of your free book. tnanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi janette, thanks for the book, looking forward to receiving it! i could not see my comment posted last night? hope there's nothing wrong with my comp?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ms. Janette,
    I'm actually currently reading another e-commerce book. And this book of yours would be a great addition. =)

    Here is a link to this project:
    http://tr.im/ecommercebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tita! :) I've posted my entry. Thanks again for the heads up.

    http://dresdendoll.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/e-commerce-for-enterpreuners/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this book will be a boon to those who are in understanding the local laws that are associated with the internet and e-commerce.

    I am particularly interested in reading about the subject of which I think most Filipinos are aware of or care about: copyright.

    I haven't updated my blog for some time now but I plan to make changes in 2009.

    Looking forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janette - I hope I'm not too late. Thanks again.

    Regards,
    Trish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Ms Janette, I hope this is still available eheheh, here is my post link:

    http://ie-student.blogspot.com/2009/01/internet-users-guide-for-e-commerce.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait this book.

    Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi janette, may i know whether this book has already been released? i have not received my copy yet. thanks for any info.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It had went through a lot of scrutiny but it will come out this June 2010.

    ReplyDelete